Vision and values
At Solent NHS Trust we all share an ambitious vision to make a difference by keeping more people healthy, safe and independent at, or close to, home.
People, values and culture drive us with the best people, doing their best work, in pursuit of our vision. People dedicated to giving great care to our service users and patients, and great value to our partners.
Our shared values support the development of a strong working culture. They breathe life into our organisation – guiding and inspiring all of our actions and decisions. They enable us to be better at what we do and create a great place for our staff to work, whilst ensuring we provide the highest quality of care to our patients.
In creating our values, we spent time listening to our employees and members. Based on what people told us, we created our HEART values to reflect the deep belief that we are caring organisation at the centre of our community.
Deliver great care
- Involving service users in shaping care and always learning from their experiences
- Working closely with partners to join up care
- Treating people with respect, giving equal emphasis to physical and mental health
- Ensuring we provide quality services, which are safe and effective
Make Solent a great place to work
- Supporting people to look after their health and wellbeing
- Improving the workplace by listening to ideas and acting on feedback
- Supporting and developing leaders who enable people to be at their best
Deliver the best value for money
- Working with partners to spend money wisely
- Involving people in decisions about spending money
- Enabling services to have more time to provide care