Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion starts with our people and shapes the way we deliver our services and the way we build our teams.
Our ambition is to work together to promote a more inclusive environment, which attracts all candidates and signals our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity. We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds to help us deliver great care to all of our communities.
The Trust has an Equality and Diversity Policy which outlines our commitment to equality, diversity and human rights in all areas of the employment relationship (including applicant stage) and has been designed to demonstrate our understanding of current equality legislation, codes of practices and business requirements for equality and diversity.
The key aims of this policy are to:
- Build a workforce where all individuals are respected and valued
- Outline how we will develop a workforce representative of the local community to enable us to deliver responsive and quality services
- Value the unique contribution that each individual brings, recognising differences in skills, experiences and knowledge
- Ensure no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment or is disadvantaged for any unjustifiable reason
- Outline how we will take positive action to overcome current under-representation and remove barriers in access to employment and career progression
- Promote a culture where all staff value and respect diversity of colleagues and patients within the local community.