Please follow the link which will direct you to the vacancy to look through. You will need to complete our application form in full.
Overseas Community Nursing Opportunities
Read our Brochure
Please read our e-brochure which contains information about Community Nursing, locations of our roles, our international recruitment offer in Solent NHS Trust and lots more! Click here to view.
Watch our videos
Press play and use the arrows at the side of the video area to navigate through our videos.
Community Nurses (or District Nurses) provide care in or close to people’s homes. This model of nursing is not common in other parts of the world.
As a district nurse, you'll
- assess the healthcare needs of patients and families
- monitor the quality of care they're receiving
- be professionally accountable for its delivery
Your patients could be any age, but they'll often be elderly, while others may have been recently discharged from hospital, be terminally ill or have physical disabilities.
You'll be visiting patients every day or more than once a day, offering help, advice and support. You may work on your own or with other groups, such as the social services, voluntary agencies and other NHS organisations and help to provide and co-ordinate a wide range of care services.
As well as providing direct patient care, you'll have a teaching and support role, working with patients to enable them to care for themselves or with family members teaching them how to give care to their relatives. You'll also be accountable for your own patient caseloads.
You'll play a vital role in keeping hospital admissions and re-admissions to a minimum and ensuring that patients can return to their own homes as soon as possible.
If you are not familiar with community nursing but are a trained nurse and would like to join our trust and the transition programme please apply today!
- Passed IELTS/OET? (International English Language Test System or Occupational English Language Test)
- Completed the general nursing CBT (or in the process to obtain a CBT will be considered)?
- Got NMC permission to sit the OSCE Exam?
If you can answer yes to every question then YES you are eligible! Please apply today!
Upon successful completion of your OSCE and registration with the NMC you will then join the community nursing transition programme operated by Solent NHS Trust. This bespoke program has been set up to help you to gain the necessary knowledge, skills, and competencies to be an adaptable, autonomous community nurse. As driving is an essential requirement for the role, within the first 3 months the Trust will provide driving tuition to help you adapt to driving in the United Kingdom and arrange the temporary loan of a car for use at work.
This programme will run over 6 months, taking place in community, primary and secondary care settings to build up an understanding of how the NHS works, and your role in it. At the end of this period, your personal development needs will be identified for the following 6 months, such as any outstanding competencies and planning for career progression.
Some of our benefits include;
- On completion of OSCE and receipt of NMC Pin, your salary will be Agenda for Change Band 5, £27,780 per annum
- 27 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), rising to 33 days after 10 years service
- Flexible working options
- The ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Access to the generous NHS pension
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave for our eligible staff
- Training and development opportunities
- Pay enhancements to reward out of hours working
- Training and development opportunities
- An employee assistance programme
- Access to our extensive employee health and wellbeing service
With our comprehensive and competitive total rewards package, you get a great deal from day one. And the longer you stay and develop, the more you see your annual leave increase.
Click here to apply.
Please ensure that you complete the online application form in full and detail all of your previous skills and experience.
Due to huge demand, please completed the section 'Supporting Information' section to ensure you stand out and to demonstrate your suitability for the position.
Please include any information regarding any community/district nursing experience and any transferrable skills which make you the ideal candidate that we are looking for.